Sunday, December 6, 2009

Post Comics Class Opinions

I took this class in hopes of discovering some sort of deep hidden love for comic books I didn't know existed. Sadly this did not happen! I knew I wasn't a fan of them from what I'd seen but I was hoping to be swayed. I kept an open mind and read most of everything that was assigned. I will say I did find a few comics I do like a lot, but the majority of them I didn't. I did find out that I really love autobiographical graphic novels though! I guess that shouldn't have come as a surprise since my favorite genre of books is the same, just without art. I do not like comics having to do with superheroes and I still despise Manga.

My favorite comics from the class are (in no particular order):
Blankets
The Arrival
Diary of a Teenage Girl
JTHM
Peanuts
Persepolis
Maus I and II

So I guess it was a bit successful? At least I tried..

No comments:

Post a Comment